Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Introduction

My name is Kate. I’m from Schererville, Indiana (40 miles outside of Chicago). I graduated from Purdue University Calumet in 2012 with a Liberal Arts degree; I majored in history and got a minor in English.

After graduation (which will be later this year!) I plan on becoming a reference librarian at a public library, hopefully with the Lake County Public Library System, which is where I work now as an Assistant Librarian at the St. John, IN branch, where I focus on teen and adult services. A few programs I facilitate monthly are teen anime club, teen gaming day, teen crafting, a travel film series and a classic film series.

In the past I have worked with the Humane Society Calumet Area, Purdue University Calumet, and as a babysitter for the same family for 5 years. All of my previous jobs sum me up pretty well: I love children, animals and furthering my education. I love to read, I enjoy photography, traveling, and I love all things nerdy (Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Sci-fi, Legos, Disney, comics, video games, etc…)

I look forward to working with everyone this semester!

1 comment: